Quantcast Would like advice on buying a Bridge

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Would like advice on buying a Bridge

    I'm in the same situation as many people. I am looking at the Canon SX40 price range and it seemes to be the best camera. Better than the HS20/30 and the FZ150.

    Only downside I hear from it is that it is a bit slow and can get motion blur, which takes me thinking about going for a FX150...buuut another dilemma that the FZ150 doesn't have nearly as much zoom at the sx40 and zoom is important to me. I want to be able to just see a bird/animal, auto focus quick n get a good snapshot (what everyone want's right?) without having to spend thousands on an SLR.

    I'm not sure if there are newer models which are better but not at a super price increase?

    I really want something that can shoot quick as I'm shooting wildlife and not still objects but also have at least 30x zoom.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator/Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,022
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Would like advice on buying a Bridge

    The Canon SX40 has been replaced by the SX50 and the the Panasonic FZ150 by the FZ200.

    The major superzooms on the market today are the Canon SX50 hs and SX510, the Sony HX300v, the Panasonic FZ70 and FZ200, the Nikon L820 and P520 and the Fuji XS1, SL1000 and HS50exr. They are all very good but all have downsides in different areas. Probably the best all around is the Panasonic FZ200 but it also has the shortest zoom (24x) and costs the most. The cheapest in the group is the Canon SX510, a relatively small superzoom with a 30x zoom lens, but it's a fine camera nonetheless. The Nikon L820 (30x) and Panasonic FZ70 (60x) are good cameras that can be had for less than $300. Of the three the Panasonic looks more like a small DSLR and has the most features.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Would like advice on buying a Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stanton View Post
    The Canon SX40 has been replaced by the SX50 and the the Panasonic FZ150 by the FZ200.

    The major superzooms on the market today are the Canon SX50 hs and SX510, the Sony HX300v, the Panasonic FZ70 and FZ200, the Nikon L820 and P520 and the Fuji XS1, SL1000 and HS50exr. They are all very good but all have downsides in different areas. Probably the best all around is the Panasonic FZ200 but it also has the shortest zoom (24x) and costs the most. The cheapest in the group is the Canon SX510, a relatively small superzoom with a 30x zoom lens, but it's a fine camera nonetheless. The Nikon L820 (30x) and Panasonic FZ70 (60x) are good cameras that can be had for less than $300. Of the three the Panasonic looks more like a small DSLR and has the most features.
    That's a lot of cameras ha! I'm going to have to do a lot of research.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator/Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,022
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Would like advice on buying a Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by greenkomodo View Post
    That's a lot of cameras ha! I'm going to have to do a lot of research.
    All the cameras are good but here are some things to consider:
    If an ultra long zoom is a priority look at the Panasonic FZ70 (60x), Canon SX50 (50x), Fuji SL1000 (50x) and Sony HX300 (50x)
    If low light image quality is a priority your best bets are the cameras with the largest sensor, the Fuji XS1 and the Fuji HS50exr, and the fastest lens, the Panasonic FZ200,
    If light weight and small size are priorities look to the Canon SX510 and the Nikon L820.
    If expense is an issue look to the Canon SX510, Nikon L820 and Panasonic FZ70.
    If a viewfinder is important, look to all except the SX510 and the Nikon L820.
    If a fully articulating LCD is important, look to the Canon SX50, the Fuji HS50exr and the Panasonic FZ200.
    If a flash hot shoe is important, look to the Canon SX50, the Fuji HS50exr, the Fuji SL1000, the Fuji XS-1, the Panasonic FZ200 and the Panasonic FZ70.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Would like advice on buying a Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stanton View Post
    All the cameras are good but here are some things to consider:
    If an ultra long zoom is a priority look at the Panasonic FZ70 (60x), Canon SX50 (50x), Fuji SL1000 (50x) and Sony HX300 (50x)
    If low light image quality is a priority your best bets are the cameras with the largest sensor, the Fuji XS1 and the Fuji HS50exr, and the fastest lens, the Panasonic FZ200,
    If light weight and small size are priorities look to the Canon SX510 and the Nikon L820.
    If expense is an issue look to the Canon SX510, Nikon L820 and Panasonic FZ70.
    If a viewfinder is important, look to all except the SX510 and the Nikon L820.
    If a fully articulating LCD is important, look to the Canon SX50, the Fuji HS50exr and the Panasonic FZ200.
    If a flash hot shoe is important, look to the Canon SX50, the Fuji HS50exr, the Fuji SL1000, the Fuji XS-1, the Panasonic FZ200 and the Panasonic FZ70.
    Fantastic!

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. advice needed on buying camera for video
    By momtso in forum What Camera Should I Buy?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 12:23 PM
  2. This camera or that one???
    By 0ptics in forum What Camera Should I Buy?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 11:20 PM
  3. Please help! Need advice on which camera to buy based on my needs.
    By raynaschwartzster in forum What Camera Should I Buy?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 09:37 PM
  4. Trying to Decide... HELP!!!
    By PictureIt1988 in forum What Camera Should I Buy?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1